About Me

My photo
My name is Nick Ford. I am a pastor in my home town of Stafford,Ct. I was raised by two amazing God loving parents, who always told me about how much Jesus loves me. I came to know Jesus as my personal savior when I was eight years old and for the next seven years God slowly worked on me until brought me to the point where I wanted to be all in for Jesus. So as a sophmore in high school I dedicated my life to Jesus and its been a wild ride! When I was a senior in high school God called me to ministry so when I graduated I attended Word of Life Bible Institute for one year. And was then called back home to work as a church intern in a local church in my home town. Following my internship year God brought me across town to another little church in need of a Youth Pastor.I have only been here for little over a year, but God has done some amazing things in me and through this ministry. We have a long way to go and a lot of growing to do. But God has blessed this Rural Youth Pastor, and I hope he'd use me to be a blessing to you too.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Living as a Christ Follower

I hate when I look through my past posts an I can see which day I was more open to the Holy Spirit and the other day's when I'm not. Every day should be an active ministry an wonderful experience with my savior. But what I do is I let the events of the day swarm into my every thought an I let the urgency of God's call become more and more muffled. And this is something that I hate because after experiencing so much intimacy with our savior. Even a day where I'm not on fire for him just drives my heart down into depression. To be with God on day and then to self separate us the next, this most be a fraction of what Hell itself feels like. To be separated from God, it is a horrible horrible feeling. Live each day for our heavenly father let him fill you up with is spirit and his will. because there is nothing better then that intimacy. And nothing worse then looking back at the day and realizing we didn't make it a day for God. We can not walk with the Father and not desire him all the time. There is nothing wrong with experiencing the thing's we enjoy in this world. But if we just drown ourselves in them we make them idols this is displeasing to our Lord. God wants us to be happy an enjoy life, but he wants us to enjoy it with him and for his glory. And what is better then doing the things we love, with the one we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment