About Me

My photo
My name is Nick Ford. I am a pastor in my home town of Stafford,Ct. I was raised by two amazing God loving parents, who always told me about how much Jesus loves me. I came to know Jesus as my personal savior when I was eight years old and for the next seven years God slowly worked on me until brought me to the point where I wanted to be all in for Jesus. So as a sophmore in high school I dedicated my life to Jesus and its been a wild ride! When I was a senior in high school God called me to ministry so when I graduated I attended Word of Life Bible Institute for one year. And was then called back home to work as a church intern in a local church in my home town. Following my internship year God brought me across town to another little church in need of a Youth Pastor.I have only been here for little over a year, but God has done some amazing things in me and through this ministry. We have a long way to go and a lot of growing to do. But God has blessed this Rural Youth Pastor, and I hope he'd use me to be a blessing to you too.

Monday, June 28, 2010

In our weakness

So today I read about something in my devotional that was truly amazing. it talked about that in our weakness, we can take delight because God is strong. And that is something that is very encouraging to me personally, because a lot of the time I feel very weak or unable to be an effective servant for my Lord. And today's devotional reminded me of something I was thinking about yesterday night. I was thinking why are a lot of us afraid to witness or to teach and share God's word. That part is probably the easiest part of our whole ministry, why? Because all we have to do is open our mouths and God does the rest. How many times in the bible does God calm our worries by saying that you don't need to worry about what you are going to say. Because it will be me speaking through you to my people. And I thought this insight really fit with the issue of our weakness and God's strength in it. Because personally every time I teach my hear races and I feel almost faint, but then this assuredness washes over me an I know its not me speaking. The Holy spirit empowers us when we speak and witness, we needed worry about what to say. But only to make sure we open our mouths to let those word's come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment