About Me

My photo
My name is Nick Ford. I am a pastor in my home town of Stafford,Ct. I was raised by two amazing God loving parents, who always told me about how much Jesus loves me. I came to know Jesus as my personal savior when I was eight years old and for the next seven years God slowly worked on me until brought me to the point where I wanted to be all in for Jesus. So as a sophmore in high school I dedicated my life to Jesus and its been a wild ride! When I was a senior in high school God called me to ministry so when I graduated I attended Word of Life Bible Institute for one year. And was then called back home to work as a church intern in a local church in my home town. Following my internship year God brought me across town to another little church in need of a Youth Pastor.I have only been here for little over a year, but God has done some amazing things in me and through this ministry. We have a long way to go and a lot of growing to do. But God has blessed this Rural Youth Pastor, and I hope he'd use me to be a blessing to you too.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

June 27th 2010

Now I titled today's post as I did because a heck of a lot happened today and it'd take way to long to come up with a fancy titled to describe it. So this morning in my devotionals I read about showing the love of Jesus Christ and the effects of it long before we start talking about the love of Jesus. Now this is a topic that is quite eye opening when we really think about it. How often do we encounter people who are very standoffish towards what we say about Christ's love for them. But when they see it world's are opened before our eyes. And the author went into detail about a situation where those in the church in this particular area were constantly being insulted and persecuted because of their belief's. But then the Christian's did something amazing, they showed God's love in their lives and shared it with the world. They became active leaders in the town and soon that town saw what was inside of them, and they began to really wonder. Hey what did those guys say about their Jesus? An it is just something that really related back to my life because I could point out. Each time I talked about my love for Christ and what he did for me, and people's responses to that. But I also can point to where I showed an expressed God's love in my life and it really did turn some heads. So that's something to remember during our daily lives, that when we say and express God's word it has a powerful effect on this earth an in the people around us. Now I most share a praise that has shown nothing but God's amazing work in our lives today. You see in a couple of weeks I an a group of teens will be heading to Philadelphia to run a Vacation Bible School. Well something that concerned us as we made plans was, would these inner-city children even have bibles? So after a bit of thought and pray the decision was made to ask to borrow bibles from those in the church who had them. But also to ask for donations of old or spare bibles that we could bring down to the children and the Church's there. Well today when I left my house there were two bibles three new testaments. This afternoon that box was STUFFED full of bibles I couldn't fit anymore in. And that's not where it end's, today on my way home from church I stopped at the used book store in town to see if I could find some bibles I could buy and donate. Well what I found was a whole box full of bibles with this message on it "Bibles to new homes FREE." Man I loved that sentence, so that added another five or more bibles and new testaments to the bunch. AND my Pastor, and two different church members have offered to send a BOX of bibles EACH. Can this get any better I think to myself I was expecting to maybe fill the box at best but I was not expecting this. And there are still more bibles on the way via mail orders. It is just unbelievable to see how God takes care of everything that is needed. So any who after this great praise I also spent time in Sunday school discussing a very interesting topic. Especially for a modern believe living in a scientific viewed society. Well what we did was we watched a video that goes over arguments for and against intelligent design and really helps educate young believers about how even science really points to intelligent design. And arms the younger generation with information to defend itself against the scientific viewed society members. And finally, I know this post is kinda long bear with me, we get to the main service. Well besides the constant never ending love of giving praise to the Father above. But I also got to hear about a topic that isn't talked about to often in the church, anger. An I can say it was a very encouraging sermon, because it really helped bring to light some of that information that we store away about what the bible has to say about anger. That there is nothing wrong with anger, but its how we react to anger is what causes us to sin or not. And now I have a lot to remember the next time I am faced with a situation where I wish to explode in anger rather then love.

No comments:

Post a Comment