About Me

My photo
My name is Nick Ford. I am a pastor in my home town of Stafford,Ct. I was raised by two amazing God loving parents, who always told me about how much Jesus loves me. I came to know Jesus as my personal savior when I was eight years old and for the next seven years God slowly worked on me until brought me to the point where I wanted to be all in for Jesus. So as a sophmore in high school I dedicated my life to Jesus and its been a wild ride! When I was a senior in high school God called me to ministry so when I graduated I attended Word of Life Bible Institute for one year. And was then called back home to work as a church intern in a local church in my home town. Following my internship year God brought me across town to another little church in need of a Youth Pastor.I have only been here for little over a year, but God has done some amazing things in me and through this ministry. We have a long way to go and a lot of growing to do. But God has blessed this Rural Youth Pastor, and I hope he'd use me to be a blessing to you too.

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Jesus is all its about!

So today I read a quite intteresting story in my mornings devotional. The author talked about a women in a store who plowed through everyone to get the items she wanted. While wearing the appropriate T-shirt that said "Its all about me!!" No the author then goes on to talk about Romans 9:1-5 where Paul talks about how he would give up his salvation if others could be saved. which really shows the humility that we all need and should all be desiring in our lives. Christ came down from heaven to be the son of a carpenter to die on a cross for the lives of us sinful humans. This right here is the perfect example of love and humiltiy the example we all should be trying to reflect. I know I personally have trouble with be humble and more so loving those who have wronged me. But all I have to do is remember this God loved me in my sin can't I forgive someone who sin's towards me are so insignificant towards the sins against the almighty. Some times we do worry to much about ourselves and have this "Its all about me" mentality. We are called to share the message of God's love with those in the world, even those who have wronged us. And honestly how can we be angry at those who have wronged us when we have such love and promises that have been given to us. Lets throw away the "Its all about me" T-shirt and pick up "Its all about him" Tee.

No comments:

Post a Comment